The #cltArts monthly meetup team is back for April with a visit to the the studios of Charlotte Ballet, 6:15 p.m. Thursday, April 21. Led by internationally acclaimed President and Artistic Director Jean-Pierre Bonnefoux, Charlotte Ballet is known for its strong dancers and versatile repertoire, ranging from classical ballet like theNutcracker, to bold, contemporary works. The company of 25 professional dancers, who make Charlotte their home, annually present five performance series in Charlotte during a season spanning from October to April. In December 2014, the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts presented Associate Artistic Director Patricia McBride with a 2014 Kennedy Center Honor.
During Thursday’s tour, we’ll go behind the scenes at Charlotte Ballet’s Spring Works series. Debuting next week at Knight Theater, Spring Works will feature some very unique performances. We’ll see a rehearsal, tour the costume-making shop and talk with the performers!
Want to follow along on the tour and get a sneak peek at Spring Works? Simply follow the hashtag #cltArts on your social media channel of choice. Participating organizations and their platforms include:
- #cltArts – Instagram (@cltArts)
- Bechtler Museum of Modern Art – Snapchat (thebechtler)
- Actor’s Theatre of Charlotte – Twitter (@actorstheatre)
- Charlotte Symphony Orchestra – Twitter, Instagram (@CLTSymphony)
- Discovery Place – Twitter, Instagram (@discoveryplace)
- Charlotte Ballet – Twitter (@CLTballet)